CardUp offers its services to a variety of customers and industries. However, the following categories are restricted from using CardUp Collect to accept payments ("Restricted Businesses").
Restrictions in these categories may be imposed through Network Rules, Regulatory Requirements, requirements imposed by our Financial Services Partners, as well as CardUp's own internal risk guidelines.
CardUp may grant exceptions for certain businesses. However, these exceptions will need to be approved on a case to case basis and subject to certain additional restrictions.
If you have any questions about how these requirements apply to you, please contact us.
By registering with us, you are confirming that you will not use CardUp to accept payments in connection with any businesses, business activities, or business practices as listed below as well as any activities that are illegal in Hong Kong or other markets CardUp operates in.
Furthermore, you are confirming that you will not use the CardUp service for any other business activity than the one that has been specifically approved by us.
Selected Restricted Businesses List:
1.Investment & credit services - Securities brokers; Financial or mortgage consulting or debt reduction services; Credit counselling; Real estate opportunities; Lending Facilities
2. Money and legal services - Payment service providers; Collections agencies; Law firms collecting funds for any purpose other than to pay fees owed to the firm for services provided by the firm
3. Virtual currencies or wallet providers - Virtual currency provider and exchanges of any type; Wallet providers and top up of any wallet facilities
4. Gambling Services
5. Computer technical support and IT help desks; telemarketing or any other phone service provider
6. Travel reservation services, airline ticket reservation or any other pre-paid travel services
7. E-Commerce providers
8. And other services that are deemed high risk during CardUp's assessment and onboarding process.